At Seven Stars Primary School we believe that PSHE is fundamental to the development of the individual potential in all our children. It is recognised at Seven Stars Primary School as crucial to our children’s development as responsible, confident and considerate people. PSHE provides the means by which young children are taught to reflect upon themselves and their behaviour towards others.
At Seven Stars, we want our children to:-
- value the achievements they make, and the achievements of others
- make informed choices to deal with risks and meeting challenges now and in the future.
- decide on values by which they want to live their lives.
Here is an update of where we are up to in PSHE at Seven Stars Primary School:
- Staff have reviewed the curriculum to ensure it is meeting the needs of the children in their class.
- The school are now using 1Decision to teach PSHE alongside other resources.
- Last year, we achieved the quality mark for physical activity and this year we have achieved the quality mark for ethos.
- We have had several visitors into school including the fire service, police and RNLI.
- Mr Souter has been coming into school to work with children in year 5 and 6 looking at money management.
- Miss Lemon and Miss Thomson will once again be holding a safer internet day to ensure the children know how to keep safe online.
- Road safety sessions have been run in EYFS, Year 1 and Year 2.
- Pupil parliament are soon going to be elected.
- VIP awards are being given out in Friday assemblies and these children have hot chocolate with Mr Mitchell in the staffroom.
- At the end of every half term, a 1Decision champion receives a 1Decision award.
- SMSC scrapbook and display are regularly updated
- To embed our assessment procedures in PSHE.
- To begin to make links between SMSC/values and our curriculum.
- To monitor PSHE teaching and resources alongside a nominated governor.
- To ensure statutory RSE is being taught throughout school.
- To develop children’s aspirations for their future.