At Seven Stars we have the highest expectations of all our pupils. We know our children well and challenge them all to strive for academic, creative, sporting and personal accomplishment within a broad, vibrant and enriched 'Open Doors' curriculum.
Our students are encouraged and given opportunity to:
- grow in their knowledge of all subjects and have opportunities to deepen understanding
- develop a growth mind-set (perseverance, resilience and risk taking)
- take ownership of and responsibility for their learning, with confidence to ask questions, solve problems and respond to feedback.
- work hard, showing determination and a positive attitude towards all aspects of their education
- show respect and empathy to everyone both within school and the wider world.
- live by our school values including kindness, respect, responsibility, tolerance and compassion.
- learn about the needs of others and how we can all work as a society to meet those needs.
We work hard to develop strong partnerships with parents, carers, families and specialist support agencies, seeking to engage with all members of the Seven Stars community and beyond for the sake of all the children in our care
We have a number of highly experienced teaching and support staff in school who are valued for the many skills they bring. We are also committed to developing and training the next generation of teachers and support staff and we have a strong programme of mentoring and development using the skills within the school and beyond.
All staff are encouraged to demonstrate a life-long love for learning through professional development opportunities which includes collaboration within and beyond school. We ensure that there is a wide range of quality training available and that staff are able to learn from each other and share good practice through professional dialogue and action.
It is our aim for all children to leave Seven Stars as independent learners with self-belief and respect for others, becoming positive citizens with strong values that will make a positive difference to their world.
Our core aims
- To be a safe, happy, caring and supportive community of learners
- To empower all individuals regardless of their race, gender, orientation, background or disability to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to achieve their full potential in a rapidly changing world
- To develop understanding of and respect for a wide range of beliefs, languages and cultural traditions and different ways of life
- To encourage an enjoyment of life-long learning
- To encourage positive parental and community involvement
- To promote healthy lifestyles
- To provide an 'Open Doors' curriculum that is stimulating, broad, balanced, innovative and creative
- To celebrate achievement and keep on learning (even in the face of failure, challenge and set-back)
Our core values
Our Mission Statement
'To create a happy, secure and exciting LEARNING environment in which every member of the school community can grow in confidence and reach their full potential'