At Seven Stars we take pride in developing outstanding teaching and learning by holding the highest expectations of all our pupils and knowing the children well. We challenge all children to strive for academic, creative, sporting and personal accomplishment within a broad, vibrant and enriched curriculum.
Our students are given time to explore subjects and develop deep understanding. We celebrate perseverance, resilience and risk taking, ensuring children welcome challenge and are not frightened to make mistakes. We encourage children to take ownership of and responsibility for their learning, so they have the confidence and curiosity to ask questions, solve problems and respond to quality feedback. Children are praised for hard work, determination and having a positive attitude.
In order to create an inclusive school where everyone can flourish, whatever their background, we promote an ethos of respect and empathy both within school and the wider world. Safeguarding and welfare is extremely important and pupils are taught the values of kindness, respect, responsibility, tolerance and compassion. Special care is taken to educate everyone in the Seven Stars community about the needs of others and how best to meet them. We foster open and honest communication with parents, carers and specialists and actively seek to engage with all members of the Seven Stars community in a positive and supportive manner.
High quality teaching is a key priority at Seven Stars and the relationship between staff and children underpins inspirational, supportive and effective teaching and learning. Staff are valued highly for the many skills they bring and are encouraged to demonstrate a life-long love for learning through professional development opportunities which includes collaboration within and beyond school. We ensure that there is a wide range of quality training available and that staff are able to learn from each other and share good practice.
It is our aim for all children to leave Seven Stars as independent learners with self-belief and respect for others, becoming positive citizens with strong values that will make a positive difference to their world. We aim to instil a lifelong love for learning and a strong grounding for future success.
Our core aims
- To be a safe, happy, caring and supportive community of learners
- To empower all individuals regardless of their race, gender, orientation, background or disability to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to achieve their full potential in a rapidly changing world
- To develop understanding of and respect for a wide range of beliefs, languages and cultural traditions and different ways of life
- To encourage an enjoyment of life-long learning
- To encourage positive parental and community involvement
- To promote healthy lifestyles
- To provide a curriculum that is stimulating, broad, balanced, innovative and creative
- To celebrate achievement and keep on learning (even in the face of failure and set-back)
Our core values
Our Mission Statement
'To create a happy, secure and exciting LEARNING environment in which every member of the school community can grow in confidence and reach their full potential'