Charging and Remissions Policy
This charging and remissions policy complies with statutory requirements, has regard to the Authority’s policy statements on charging and is reviewed on an annual basis.
Activities without charge
There will be no charge for the following activities:
- Education provided wholly or mostly during school hours. This includes the supply of any materials, books, instruments and other equipment.
- Education provided outside school hours if it is part of the National Curriculum, or part of a syllabus for a prescribed public examination which the pupil is being prepared for at the school, or part of religious education.
- Instrumental and vocal music tuition which is part of the National Curriculum
- Instrumental and vocal tuition for children in care.
- Entry for a prescribed public examination including re-sits provided that a pupil has been prepared for it at the school.
The school may ask for voluntary contributions towards the cost of school-time activities, such as educational visits.
We may charge for:
- Board and lodgings on residential visits (subject to remission arrangements).
- Cost of entering a pupil for a public examination not prescribed in regulations, and for the cost of preparing a pupil for that examination outside school hours.
- Cost of entering a pupil for prescribed public examination including re-sits where no preparation has been provided by the school.
- Provision of instrumental and vocal tuition, which takes place during the school day and which has been requested by parents/carers.
- Day care facilities.
Charges for other ‘chargeable activities’ may also be fully or partly remitted. Details of any remission arrangements will be made clear when parents are informed of charges for individual activities.
See below for the full Charging and Remission Policy 2021
Charging and Remission Policy